Saturday, December 6, 2014

reading the fridge


I love reading peoples' fridges.  I have to say that I have never understood a clean, empty refrigerator door.  I won't judge you, but it might take me longer to get you... I would really love to have you come over to my kitchen and peruse the fridge while I make you something warm and tasty, but this will have to do.  Right now ours is a collection of drawings our house sitter made while we were gone this summer; lists of food I want to make for my family when they come after Christmas (juuuuust thinkin' ahead...); and old photos of some of the friends we got to see in Seattle...

Rica and the girls
one of the first photos taken of us, circa 1993

oh, so fuzzy...but we saw these two with their *own* babies this summer!!
I can't look at this photo of Maire and Finny without doubling over, laughing.
And there's one of Ani's famous portraits of me, which I treasure.
Oh, there is more. So much more. But that will have to do for now.  I have sprinkles to clean off the floor, frosting to chip off my kitchen table - gingerbread houses, you know - and two munchkins covered with face paints to usher to an art hang-out up the hill...


No comments: